Great friends, wonderful conversation and good food. It just doens't get any better than this!
Bait In A Pot ~ Shrimp Boil
- Shrimp, heads removed (you could even use peeled and poop shoot removed as I did this time)
- Smoked Sausage, cut into long pieces ~ about 2-3 bites (polish sausage)
- Potatoes, red or small yukon gold
- Corn on the cob, broken into smaller pieces
- Zatarains or Old Bay Crab Boil seasonings
Fill a large stock pot a little more than half way with water.
Drop in your seasonings, potatoes, sausage and corn.
Bring to a boil and let boil until potatoes are tender. About 10 min.
Slowly add your shrimp. Boil for about 3-5 min. Until the shrimp are pink and curled.
Drain and serve steaming hot. You can sprinkle some Old Bay over the top if you like.
If we are having a bunch of people over and making 2 or 3 pots, I'll just cover the big table with butcher paper and dump the food directly on the paper in a line down the center of the table so everyone can reach some of everything. No plates or silverware etc. Saves clean up too. ;)