06 April 2010

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

A friend told me about this recipe a while ago and just kind of put it in the back of my mind because I had no pork chops. Why is it that only the little bitty skinny bone-in chops seem to go on sale? Finally, Sam's Club had a sale on the thick cut center chops so I bought a bunch, repackaged them and into the freezer they went.

I was standing there aimlessly gazing into the freezer the end of last week trying to figure out the menu for this week, and I spied those chops. I thought of this recipe and my mouth started watering. I knew I had to finally try it.






Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

  • 2-4 Pork Chops (use however many you need to feed your family)
  • 1 can Lucky Leaf No Sugar Added Apple Pie Filling 
  • 2 cups prepared stuffing
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • handful of fresh parsley
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil



Dice rosemary and parsley.

Place pork chops in a bowl, add olive oil and seasonings/herbs. Let sit until the chops come to room temp.


Heat oven to 350.


Brown chops on both sides in a pan on the stove. Don't "cook" them, you just want to brown them.


While the chops are browning, make your stuffing according to package directions. Set aside.


In a 9x9 baking dish (or whatever size meets your needs), pour the can of apple pie filling.

Place browned chops over the top of the pie filling then spread your stuffing over the top of the pork chops.




Bake at 350, uncovered for 30-45 min depending on the thickness of your chops. (I baked mine for 45 min since my pork chops were about and inch and a half thick).


Let sit for about 10 min after removing from oven before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Apples go so well with pork! It reminds me of fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome way to enjoy pork chops!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what y'all think...