02 March 2010

OAMC ~ Ground Beef

This is what is on the schedule this week.


Freezer Cooking or Once A Month, no matter what you call it, it sure is nice having most of your prep work done when it comes to meal making time. :o)


Today I have
12 lbs ground beef to ready for the freezer. I normally would do a variety of things: meatballs, meatloaves, taco meat, plain meat but today I really am not feeling well, head and chest cold, but I need to tackle the meat I bought this weekend at Sam's and didn't freeze. So, this will all just be plain cooked ground beef. I will be able to use it for:
  • tacos
  • sloppy joes
  • in soups and stews
  • in casseroles
  • pizza topping
  • loose meat sandwiches
  • the ideas are almost endless

I chopped 2 good sized onions for each 3lbs of meat. I cooked it in 3lb batches because that is what fits nicely into my large electric fry pan.





Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.


Once cooked, drain and let cool.


I packaged it in bags of two cups. Two cups weighed out to be just a hair over 3/4 of a pound.

I ended up with 15 bags of meat to put in the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...