22 February 2010

Blueberry~Pear Cobbler

I am getting spring fever!

We've been
spring cleaning, the citrus is all gone from the trees, the weather this past weekend and today has been absolutely gorgeous, and I'm craving fresh spring/summer fruits and dishes.

I looked around today to see what I had that I could use to make something that reminded me of spring. I had 3 pears that were on the verge of being over-ripe, a pint of fresh blueberries and I found a tube of biscuits in the bottom drawer of the fridge. I had the makings for a yummy cobbler! Nothing says "Spring/Summer" like a cobbler.








Blueberry~Pear Cobbler
  • 3 large pears, peeled, cored and diced
  • 1 pint of blueberries, washed and dried
  • 1/4 cup water or other fruit juice (I used peach)
  • 2 pkts of Stevia in the Raw (or splenda or sugar)
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tube biscuits
  • Cinnamon Splenda (or cinnamon sugar)
Lightly spray a 2qt baking dish. Preheat oven to 450.

Mix together in a large bowl: pears, blueberries, juice, stevia, cinnamon and flour.



Bake covered for 30 min. or until bubbly.


While that's baking, open biscuits and cut into quarters.
Put into a bowl and sprinkle cinnamon/splenda mix over the biscuits, be sure to cover the biscuits.

Remove fruit from oven, drop biscuit pieces on the top. Sprinkle with just a tad more cinnamon/splenda mixture.




Bake uncovered for 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...