25 January 2010

Creamy Coleslaw

Coleslaw is one of the most refreshing and healthiest side dishes in my opinion. It goes with or on, just about anything too.


Now, you have two kinds of coleslaw to choose from. You have your vinegary slaws and you have your creamy slaws. We prefer the latter most of the time. Both are good though.








Creamy Coleslaw (makes 4-5 servings)
  • 4 cups shredded cabbage
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots
  • 1/2 cup mayonaise (I used light)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used low fat)
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • sprinkling of splenda
  • pinch of salt
  • dash of pepper




Mix everything except splenda, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl.

Add splenda, salt and pepper to taste.

Cover with plastic and let sit in fridge for at least an hour before serving.

1 comment:

  1. What a tasty coleslaw. I love rice vinegar.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what y'all think...