19 August 2009

Verde Sauce

I don't have any pictures of this because the last time I made it I didn't even think of taking any.

I usually make a large batch and can it since tomatillos are hard to come by at my local grocery store. This recipe is for enough for one pan of Enchiladas Verde.



Verde Sauce

  • 1/4 white onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • pinch salt
  • 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
  • chicken broth
  • 3 serrano peppers (or to taste)



Place tomatillos and serrano chiles in a pot with water, enough to cover them.

Bring to boil, and continue boiling until tomatillos turn a different shade of green (from bright green to a dull, army green).

Strain tomatillos and chiles, and place in a blender with quarter piece of onion, 1 clove garlic, and a pinch of salt.

Pour in chicken broth, so that liquid just covers the veggies in the blender by about an inch.

Blend all ingredients until they are completely pureed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...