21 June 2009

Lasagna

The last time I made my Lasagna may have been Easter weekend about 2 years ago when I brought home a new puppy. Pool Guy was so mad at me! He didn't stay mad too long once I put the Lasagna on the table.....no matter how hard he tried. Photobucket


That once little puppy, Izzy (Izzman) is curled up in the crook of Pool Guy's legs as I type this. Photobucket


I adapted a recipe I found on the back of package of noodles years and years ago to suit our tastes. Since I haven't made it in a very long time, I thought he would like it today. Only this time, there are no strings, or Rat Terriers attached!




Keefer's Special Lasagna
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 qt. (32 ounce) jar thick spaghetti sauce (I used my homemade/canned)
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 20 ounces cottage cheese (most of one container)
  • 3-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (depends on how cheesy you like it)
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (give or take. I usually put more mozz. and less parm.)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 box uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 1 teaspoon salt (optional, I don't put it in. The sauce/cheese has enough for me)
Brown ground beef and drain. Pour Spaghetti sauce into a large sauce pan. Add water and meat. Heat through.

Mix cottage cheese, 3 cups mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, pepper and parsley.



Pour about 1/3 cup of sauce into bottom of 9x13 pan. Place 3 uncooked noodles on top of sauce and then pour about 1 1/2 cups of sauce over top of noodles.

Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture over top of sauce.



Place 3 more noodles on top of cheese mixture, then more sauce, then more noodles, then the rest of the cheese mixture, more noodles and the rest of the sauce. Top with a cup of shredded mozzarella.

Cover with foil and bake for 55 min at 350. Remove foil and put back in oven for another 10 min or until cheese on top is slightly browned and bubbly. Let sit for a good 10 min before cutting.



I usually serve it with a Cesear Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...