16 May 2009

Heroin Wings



This is a recipe from Dana Carpenter's 500 Low Carb Recipes. Which, by the way, is great book if you are low carbing it.






Heroin Wings


  • 4 lb chicken wing drumettes (I can only find these at Walmart)
  • 1/2 cup butter (I used Shed's Spread to lower the fat some)
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used a combination of the green can stuff and shaved)
  • 2 tbsp dried parsley
  • 1 tbsp dried oregano
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt (I omit this, there is enough sodium in the cheese I think)
  • 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper

I usually make 1 1/2 - 2 times the amount of cheese mixture. One cup never seems to be enough.

Rinse and drain your wing drumettes.

Preheat oven to 350.

I then put all mine into a large zip top bag and poured in the butter. Shook to coat all.

Then I took them in small batches and dredged them in the cheese mixture in a bowl.

Place on a foil-lined and Pam'd (if you don't line it and spray it, you will wish you had listened to me!) cookie sheet or broiler pan.

Bake in the oven at 350 for one hour.

This will make 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...