15 April 2009

Beef Fajitas

Beef Fajitas are one Pool Guy's favorite things to order in restaurants. I don't eat them when we go out for the most part. I really haven't found a restaurant where I like the marinade and/or seasonings they use. I like my own much better.

When I make them, I make at least 4lbs at a time. Left over Fajita meat is one of my favorite things. Great for those on a low carb diet.

Beef Fajita Marinade: (enough for 3-4lbs of flank steak)
  • 12 ounces beer (not lite beer)
  • 1 cup canola or olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Bolner's Fiesta Fajita Seasoning


Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour marinade over meat in shallow glass, plastic or other non-reactive container (a 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag works well). Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours. Turn to make sure all sides are in the marinade for the same amount of time. Due to both Blue Girl and myself being sick, I let this batch marinate for 3 days. LOL


Heat your grill to med-high. Cook on the grill turning every 5-7 min until it is nice and browned on the outside. Flank steak is not a very thick cut, so keep an eye on it. You do not want it over done. You want the inside to be a very nice medium when you cut into it.

Take it off the grill and loosely cover with foil and let it rest 10-15 min.

While it is resting, you can can cut up your fixings, make the guacamole, saute your onions, heat your tortillas...whatever you are going to have with it, fix it now. (I usually will saute the onions and mushrooms, yes, we like mushrooms with our fajitas sometimes, earlier in the day so all I have to do at this point is heat them up).

When you cut your fajitas, make sure you are cutting AGAINST the grain of the meat. If you cut with the grain, you will end up with rubbery strips of meat that you can't chew.



Serve with all your favorite fajita stuff. Tonight we had, salad, rice, refried beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, sauteed onions and jalapenos. The salad, onions and jalapenos came from the garden.



Left over Fajita meat is one of our favorite things!

  • Use it in a big salad for a tasty lunch or supper.
  • Heat a few strips up, scramble an egg, you've got a super Breakfast Taco.
  • Make some Chili con Queso, drizzle that over some heated strips. Great lunch or supper.
  • Shred it up and use it for tacos.
  • Eat it cold from the fridge. Great snack. Especially for low carbers like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...