Today I made my own and canned it. This came out really, really tasty! We don't care for all the chunks of peppers, mushrooms etc. in ours so if that is something you like, you can just add them.
Boo's Spaghetti Sauce: (makes 7 1/2 quarts)
- 2 - #10 cans tomato sauce ~ $4.16
- 2 - 6oz cans tomato paste ~ 88 cents
- 1 - large onion diced ~ 25 cents
- 2- tablespoons of garlic powder ~ 3 cents
- 2 - tablespoons of onion powder ~ 2 cents
- 2 - tablespoons of Splenda (1 packet) ~ 1 cent
- 3 - tablespoons of basil ~ 3 cents
- 3 - tablespoons of oregano ~ 3 cents
- 3 - tablespoons of worcestershire sauce ~ less than 1 cent
Place it all into a large stock pot. Cook on low (low-simmer) for a couple of hours.
Ladle into hot quart (or pint) jars. Clean rims, adjust lids.
Water bath quarts for 40 min, pints for 35.
Cost per quart (+ 1 pint): 73 cents.