03 March 2009

Shoo-Fly Pie or NOT!

Shoo-Fly Pie, Shoo-Fly Pie, Shoo-Fly Pie.

What can I say about Shoo-Fly Pie except that......



It's burnt beyond recognition. LOL It was supposed to look like this:

Doesn't that look yummy? I will definitely be trying this again.


Yesterday was not a good day around here. I was in the middle of making the pie when Pool Guy called. He had been downtown at Jury Duty and his truck (suburban) wouldn't start. Last time this happened, we had it towed to the shop, it started right up and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. We were out a vehicle for two days and $135 for towing and diagnostics. So, I got a little flustered when he called yesterday. I had to go get him and call a tow truck.

I had baked the pie shell at 425, and was supposed to turn off the oven, let it cool down and then reset to 350. I forgot. I baked the pie at 425 for 45 min. (I told him he had to wait for me to bake it so he walked to a nearby burger place and had some lunch.) Have you ever smelled burnt molasses? Horrible, just horrible. Fabreeze wasn't going to fix this one. LOL

I put the burnt pie on the counter and left to go get Pool Guy. One good thing, in the mean time he figured out that I had towing on the insurance policy on both vehicles. (too bad we didn't figure that out last time huh?). So USAA sent a tow truck and we got it towed in. They called today, it's a fuel pump. Covered by the warranty. So all is not too terribly bad.

This took us a little over 4 hours yesterday so I never got around to baking the chicken for dinner since that takes an hour. We came home and had FFY and ate up all the leftovers from last week. Tonight we are having the Chicken. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...