25 March 2009

Key Lime Pie

Oh man! We love us some Key Lime Pie around here! I've never made it though. I have always thought that something so rich, so creamy, so tangy, so......EXPENSIVE ($7.95 a slice at our favorite Key Lime Pie serving restaurant), I just could not make at home. Boy was I wrong. This has to be the easiest pie I have ever made in my life. Good thing, every time I open the fridge, another piece is gone! LOL

Key Lime Pie: (taken from back of bottle)

  • 1 - Graham Cracker Pie Crust
  • 1/2 - cup of *Key Lime Juice (about 18 limes ~ see note below)
  • 3 - egg yolks
  • 1 - 14oz can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)


That's it! That is all you need.

Mix the lime juice, egg yolks and SC milk together in a bowl. Pour into the pie shell.

Bake at 350 for 15 min.

Let cool for 10 minutes before putting into the refrigerator.



Easy Peasy!

Let me tell you, it tastes sooo much better when you're not paying eight bucks a slice too. Haha!

* if you are in an area where you can't get good fresh Key Limes, look in the juice isle by the lime and lemon juice for Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice. This is the only bottled Key Lime juice I have ever tried that wasn't bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what y'all think...